O GAUGE 'EDs' - NOW IN FULL COLOUR!
This week's really big news is the arrival of the first factory decorated samples of our outstanding new O gauge Class 73 electro-diesels.
With more than 550 separate parts and a list of features that sets a new benchmark for British ready-to-run O gauge, it's no exaggeration to say that this is the most detailed and sophisticated model we've ever produced. The icing on the cake is the superb decoration showcasing a range of attractive liveries from the long career of these Southern Region stalwarts. Please note that these are pre-production samples, subject to correction and change as required (we have spotted a few issues that will be corrected before production starts).
No fewer than 12 versions will be produced, including Pullman 73101 for the Gaugemaster Collection (see below) and an unnumbered BR blue exclusive for Tower Models.
Premium features, delivered as standard include...
* Plug-and-play DCC interface for ESU LokSound XL decoder (not supplied)
* Heavy duty twin motor/flywheel drive
* Ample provision for DCC sound
* Authentic switchable lighting features
* Cab and engine room interior lights
* DCC-activated third rail 'arc flash' function on the bogies
* Interchangeable headcode panels
* Retractable DC collector shoes
* Optional post-1984 arc shields for the bogies
* Fully functional drophead buckeye couplers
* Sprung buffers
* Etched metal grilles
* Outstanding bogie and underbody detail
* Fully detailed cab interiors
* Separate SR jumper cables, handrails & bufferbeam details
* And much more!
Look out for more updates soon on these exciting new O gauge models. See the HELJAN 2023 catalogue for full details of the models being released and contact your local HELJAN stockist to reserve yours now.
If you're keen for a closer look at the new Class 73s, come and see us at Model Rail Scotland in Glasgow on February 24-26!